ReFox Help - Branding
protection from decompilation
This function provides protection of Applications from unwanted decompilation. The type of Branding used is determined by the setting of protection level in the Options screen.
There are three levels available:
- I ... 1. level which allows recovery of source with ReFox by supplying the password
- I+ ... 2. level which is only reversible by the same ReFox used to brand it.
- II ... 3. level which scrambles the code so it is not recognised by ReFox
Application is tied to specific branded runtime module
plus next two levels for Visual FoxPro 6, 7, 8 and 9 executables
- II+ ... 4. level which scrambles the code so it is not recognised by ReFox
Application uses standard runtime module modified in memory after loaded
- III ... 5. level which scrambles the code so it is not recognised by ReFox
Application is compressed and uses standard runtime modified in memory after loaded
The add I+ option combines level I+ with II+ or III protection.
Setting the default level of protection - Options and Settings / ReFox